Search by Search ID or Tag or use the Advanced Search
'The trouble is 90% of politicians are giving the other 10% a bad name.'
'It's a social-climbing wall.'
'Is that all I get for my £25 donation, Lord Cheapskate Bastard!'
Tags:cheapskate, cheapskates, miser, misers, cheap, political donor, political donors, political donation, political donations, party donor, party donors, party donation, party donations, party funding, campaign funding, political funding, title, titles, house of lords, honours, honours title, honours titles, cash for honours, scandal, scandals
"When my distinguished colleague refers to the will of the 'people,' does he mean his 'people,' or my 'people'?"
Tags:politics, politician, politicians, government, governments, capitol hill, washington, washington d.c., congress, house of representatives, representative, representatives, congressman, congressmen, senate, senator, senators, united states, us, u.s., united states of america, usa, u.s.a., america, american, will of the people, people, colleague, colleagues, house of commons, house of parliament, member of parliament, member of parliaments, mp, mps, house of lords, parliament, parliaments, united kingdom, great britain, british, westminster, canada, canadian, australia, australian, voter, voters, constituent, constituents
'I didn't know they'd split up.'
"....but it doesn't half get in the way on the bike."
MP with wheelbarrow full of cash says: 'Apparently, I can't claim for the wheelbarrow.'
A House of Lords Reform: 'Please do not take shotguns or dead game into the chamber.'
Ministry of Ministries.
"My report is peer-reviewed."
'Their average age is younger than you. Happy Birthday.'
Secret thoughts of the Commons speaker. . .
'Mr. Speaker! Mr. Speaker! Mr. Speaker. . . He didn't show up for work today.'
'He calls himself a philanthropist, but would prefer Lord Philanthropist.'
Political Partridge in a pear tree spoof.
House of Lords Lobbying for Cash.
'Ask and ye shall receive.'
'I said it's getting very noisely in here with all these new peers!'
House of Lords reform - 'It needs reforming into a chamber of people who agree with me.'
"Big Ben may have a tilt but it still gives out straight time."
'And the meek shall inherit the world...providing their benefits aren't capped at £26,000 per annum...'
Tags:john packer, bishop of ripon and leeds, bishop of chichester, bishop of leicester, bishop of lichfield, bishop of manchester, welfare minister, lord freud, benefit, benefits, cap, caps, benefits cap, coalition, house of lords, ?26, 000, block, blocks, coalition, benefits cap, benefits system, welfare system
Vicars in a Twist
Cash for honours: 'Suit you, sir - Oooh, suit you!"
MP's Expense Claims
"It's a bit cramped but one night a month pays for six weeks in Barbados!"