Search by Search ID or Tag or use the Advanced Search
Oliverachy - Short-lived political system where leaders were chosen by how many olives they could fit in their mouths.
"We've completely taken over Earth's political systems, profoundly altered its ecology in our favor, and—outside of a few nutcases—all of its inhabitants refuse to admit we even exist!"
Tags:space, outer space, alien, aliens, martian, martians, extraterrestrial, extraterrestrials, science fiction, sci-fi, alien invasion, alien invasions, politics, political system, political systems, ecology, environment, nature, environmental issues, conspiracy theory, conspiracy theories, conspiracy theorist, conspiracy theorists, nutcase, nutcases, deception, trick, tricks, power, control, earth, planet earth
"Here at 27 Briarwood Drive it's always been one man, one vote."
Tags:supreme court, reapportionment order, redistricting, judicial review, public reapportionment, election, elections, democracy, democracies, us politics, one man, one vote, political system, political systems, sexist, sexists, discrimination, discriminations, glass ceiling, patriarchy, patriarch, patriarchs, boss, bosses, wearing the pants, conservative, conservatives, old fashion, old fashioned, husband, husbands, wife, wives, suffrage, suffrage movement, power politics, suffragette, suffragettes, women's vote
'Maybe we can't fool all the people all the time, but we sure can tax all the people all the time.'
'So, how should we play this - capitalism or socialism?'
Activism, third party candidacy, insurgent democrat, accepting the status quo
Tags:politics, us politics, american politics, political system, political systems, broken system, broken systems, political crisis, obama, barack obama, president barack obama, president obama, activism, political activism, democrats, democrat, political pragmatism, pragmatism, calls for pragmatism, status quo, accepting the status quo, goldilocks, goldilocks and the three bears, third party candidate, third party candidates
"Him? He's the guy who would actually vote for you if we lived in a democracy."
'The trouble is 90% of politicians are giving the other 10% a bad name.'
"The militant hard-liners are making demands, the fanatical zealots are issuing threats, and the moderate centrists are offering suggestions."
"Maybe we should try another line instead of 'Take me to your leader.'"
Tags:ufo, ufos, alien, aliens, spaceships, spaceship, flying saucer, flying saucers, space travel, space exploration, martian, martians, sci fi, sci-fi, science fiction, science-fiction, leader, leaders, leadership, politician, politicians, voter, voters, democracy, democracies, political systems, political system
"On the other hand, he's really good on infrastructure and tax reform."
"This must be the transparency he promised."
"Freedom and crime go hand in hand, Your Honor. Look at Russia."
Tags:freedom, freedoms, crimes, criminal, criminals, legal system, legal systems, court, courts, trial, trials, courtroom, courtrooms, judge, judges, your honour, political system, political systems, political freedom, political freedoms, tyranny, tyrannies, dictatorship, dictatorships, dictator, dictators
'Don't you realise how important politics is?'
"Don't blame me! Blame the system!"
Tags:skittle, skittles, bowling, bowling alley, bowling alleys, bowling ball, bowling balls, tenpin bowling, tenpin, blame game, blame games, blaming the system, fighting the system, revolution, revolutions, revolt, revolts, uprising, uprisings, regime change, regime changes, suppression, suppressed, oppressive, oppressive system, oppressive systems, political system, political systems
Game is over.
'I'll tell you all the reasons we shouldn't reform the filibuster! 1.) It will restrict my ability to frivolously stymie everything...How long do I have to keep talking?'
'...But every once in a while...we manage to pass something!'
P.A.C. Sewer Tours: Supreme Court Approved Tour the Sewers & Stay Clean - Let Us Get Filthy For You.
'Oh, what the hell - it's all about money, anyway.'
'And now, the same wonderful birds who gave away our electoral process to greedy billionaires and corporations, will review health care reform!'
'Now let's move from electoral theory to political reality...'
"They keep telling us that nothing is impossible - but we've been doing it for years!"
Rebranding Washington politicians...